Old School BMX Sundays

The other night I got to hit up this Sunday Old School BMX Meet at Ewa Beach. The guy that got me into the scene is the same guy I picked up my Dyno from. They were all in their mid 30s to late 40s...which is dead accurate for the old school bmx era. Anyway I rolled in with my friend at the tennis court and there was a bunch of them doin freestyle tricks. I was nervous as fck man...felt hella n00bish but brah it was fawkn mean! They were jammin to some oldies like Beastie Boys and RUN DMC. Its pretty crazy seeing these older guys still being able to bust their swag on with bikes thatre at least 30 years old. One of them had a Redline that was restored to its original beaut..the neat part was that it was the same bike he bought back in the 1980s. He told me that you dont see a bunch of old guys doing this kinda shit everyday, so its a treat to be here(you can see him in the vid below at 7:09, 7:27 and 7:33). I really wish I brought out my T2i and snapped some pics..or vids! Ahhh maybe next week. Their 2nd anual Old School BMX Bike Show is coming up on July 31st..which I am looking forward to! Heres a recap from their first show.

No comments:

Post a Comment