Project VFR

Im super fckn stoked on completing my 99 Dyno VFR bmx build. Its not a vintage 70s or 80s bmx but it still holds down its classiness with its framing style. Each time I buy or pick up a part to add to my build I get more and more antsy on wanting to ride it! I finally decided on what color I wanna spray it in since the original chrome is flaking off and there is no way of saving it without droppin down some big moolah. Rechroming costs an arm and leg man. Anyway so Ive decided to spray it gloss black with gold pearls(perhaps something like this, this, or this). FCKN SICK right?! Chyyyyuuuhhhhhh! Then slap on some white Skyway mags and black tires with the tan sidewalls and teal grips chchchchchyyyyyyuuhhhhh! Brah I like finish um orredeh!
The night I picked it up after work all the way in Waikele. This when I noticed all the imperfections. Theres rust everywhere! The pedals the guy gave me didnt even fit the cranks! Those are my oldie Diamondback pedals I had stored from a long time ago...forgot what bike coz its seriously old. Haha.
Picked up an oldschool GT racing saddle all the way in Kahala. Then a bmx fork and headset from Eki Cyclery.
  
Learned how to take apart a one-piece crank! Sanded it down then shot it with automotive clear.
Bought a stem today and this is how its currently sitting in my room.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/13/2012

    Where did you get those pedals from your five year olds bike !!! Lol you need to get something longer cuz those look mad short ebay sells gt one piece cranks for cheap ....jus trying to help !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/13/2012

    Sorry dude but it doesn't look like you know what your doing I think your over your head with this one .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoa whoa chillax brah. this was my first mid-school bmx build(first bmx build from the frame up if that makes a difference..) I didn't know any better or how far this project was gonna take me. to end the story short..it got handed down to my kid brother and he finished it himself. i was just a little too enthusiastic for the first week in its possession. yea the cranks did end up getting 170s..just 3pc though.

      Delete
    2. btw why post as anonymous? are you one of them old school guys in their mid 40s just trollin on ppl who can't build old/midschool bikes with original parts?

      Delete